PDA

View Full Version : Muhammad Ali, dead at 74

hungryjoe
6/03/2016 11:33pm,
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.

RIP Cassius.

One of the all time greats.

ChenPengFi
6/03/2016 11:41pm,
Bummer.
What a character and master of the game he was.
Rest in peace champ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axMLZZNINCU

Jim Giant
6/03/2016 11:49pm,
Rest in peace. You'll never be forgotten.

http://i.imgur.com/LRZwzN5.gif

Streetcat
6/04/2016 12:08am,
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.

RIP Cassius.

One of the all time greats.

This is very sad...

I actually met him walking down 5th Ave at 66th St NYC... Back in the day.
He was with two guys and I was with a friend. He liked we recognized him and
stopped to shake hands. We never forgot that...He was truly "The Greatest".

Gosai
6/04/2016 12:24am,
You know... even as someone who isn't really a boxing fan... I find this news to be strangely depressing.

ChenPengFi
6/04/2016 12:35am,
"If you dream of beating me, you'd better wake up and apologize."

Christmas Spirit
6/04/2016 1:26am,
Bruce Lee would have beat his ass yo ...

* sobs quietly *

WFMurphyPhD
6/04/2016 6:41am,
Respect to the Champ.

Raycetpfl
6/04/2016 11:19am,
“Ali is a fucking animal. He looks more like a fucking model than a fighter but what he is is, he’s like a Tyrannosaurus Rex with a pretty face. He’s just mean and evil and he’ll take you in deep waters and drown you. He’s very special. The best in the world…nobody beats Ali.” - Tyson on fighting Ali in his prime.

Raycetpfl
6/04/2016 11:24am,
Muhammad Ali vs. United States Army
Ali by Unanimous Decision

Why should they ask me to put on a uniform and go 10,000 miles from home and drop bombs and bullets on Brown people in Vietnam while so-called Negro people in Louisville are treated like dogs and denied simple human rights? No Im not going 10,000 miles from home to help murder and burn another poor nation simply to continue the domination of white slave masters of the darker people the world over. This is the day when such evils must come to an end. I have been warned that to take such a stand would cost me millions of dollars. But I have said it once and I will say it again. The real enemy of my people is here. I will not disgrace my religion, my people or myself by becoming a tool to enslave those who are fighting for their own justice, freedom and equality. If I thought the war was going to bring freedom and equality to 22 million of my people they wouldnt have to draft me, Id join tomorrow. I have nothing to lose by standing up for my beliefs. So Ill go to jail, so what? Weve been in jail for 400 years.

X_plosion
6/06/2016 2:17am,
Rest In Peace, Champ

OZZ
6/19/2016 10:08am,
One of the most important role models and voices for social change in the modern era.
RIP

Eddie Hardon
6/19/2016 10:52am,
A remarkable Man and a Boxing Genius. Also, a better human being than many realise. We shall not see his like again. To quote his Aunt just after his defeat of Big George Foreman in Kinshasa, "...the Alpha and Omega. There'll never be another". We were lucky to have him and but for the films and videos, no one 100 years from now would ever believe it. RIP The Greatest.

ninjawt
6/29/2016 3:22am,
RIP, you were the greatest.

aurinegro04
7/09/2016 6:28pm,
one of the biggest