PDA

View Full Version : Pedro Valente Sr. Requiescat in Pace

jwinch2
5/28/2016 9:25pm,
It looks like Pedro Valente Sr. has passed away. From the Valente brothers Facebook page:

Our hero, our mentor, our best friend, our father, has departed to the next stage of his spiritual journey. Please don't be sorry for our loss. We choose to focus on the infinite lessons of wisdom, courage, loyalty and so many other virtues that we gained from him throughout our lives. We celebrate his amazing life and all his unparalleled achievements. Everything that we are we owe to him. From the time we were born, we have been trying to make him proud. We vow to continue doing this for the rest of our lives. His legacy will live forever in how we, his children, lead our lives. In lieu of a wake and funeral service, there will be a celebration of Dr. Pedro Valente's life at date and time to be announced. Thank you very much for all the love and support.

Pedro, Guilherme, Joana e Joaquim

WFMurphyPhD
5/28/2016 10:01pm,
It looks like Pedro Valente Sr. has passed away. From the Valente brothers Facebook page:

Respect to the Great Master.

The Valente Brothers are some the classiest individuals in Jiu-Jitsu.

jwinch2
5/28/2016 10:14pm,
Respect to the Great Master.

The Valente Brothers are some the classiest individuals in Jiu-Jitsu.

I don't know much about them other than what I see in their videos.

WFMurphyPhD
5/28/2016 11:14pm,
I don't know much about them other than what I see in their videos.

In 2003, I was a ring judge at a ring fight where Pedro Valente the younger not only showed great poise as a Coach,
He helped keep a riot (and I mean a real riot)
from occurring when there was a referee call controversy.
I may have a broader acceptance of the history and lineages than the Valente Brothers,
But I totally respect them as Jiu-Jitsu representatives and Jiu-Jitsu teachers.