PDA

View Full Version : Two-Foot Tomoe Nage

BKR
11/13/2015 12:12pm,
We had a discussion of this on another thread. Just found a great high-level judo competition example, done by a Russian, no less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jE-SfBheeXA

Go to about 6:20...

Raycetpfl
11/13/2015 12:39pm,
Great highlight! I have been practicing trying to emulate Kashiwazaki with his Tomoe Nage. The way he hits it on the run sideways is amazing. Even in his videos later in life where he's sporting the coral belt he still moves like a fucking panther. I have been absolutely enthralled watching his videos since you recommended him to me.

BKR
11/13/2015 3:11pm,
Great highlight! I have been practicing trying to emulate Kashiwazaki with his Tomoe Nage. The way he hits it on the run sideways is amazing. Even in his videos later in life where he's sporting the coral belt he still moves like a fucking panther. I have been absolutely enthralled watching his videos since you recommended him to me.He is amazing for sure.

There is a set of instructionals out there of him going through his set of drills that build up to the Yoko Tomoe Nage. It's in Japanese, but you don't need words to follow what he is doing. He is/was a high school teach back in the day, so he knows how to build progressive instruction. I don't have a link, though. Originally it was on VHS, may be on DVD now.