PDA

View Full Version : Bartitsu-oriented test of the BlackSwift Raven self-defence walking stick

DdlR
10/07/2015 2:06pm,
https://youtu.be/0Jh2ifNfmoU

An assessment of the BlackSwift Raven self-defense walking stick from the perspectives of formal Bartitsu training and self-defense applicability.

Chili Pepper
10/08/2015 2:02pm,
Very interesting, although the shaft looks too thin to get anything approaching a confident grip. (and my hands aren't that big)

DdlR
10/08/2015 3:13pm,
Very interesting, although the shaft looks too thin to get anything approaching a confident grip. (and my hands aren't that big)

Trying to control the momentum of a hard ball-handle strike using a tight grip is uncomfortable. The best solution we've come up with is to use a relatively loose grip, noting also that the problem basically goes away if you're actually hitting something that absorbs the momentum of the strike.

For practical purposes, though, I'd recommend reserving single-handed strikes with the ball handle end for formal set-play training. Double-handed strikes are much more comfortable, powerful and secure (and still part of the Vigny style).