PDA

View Full Version : 35 Year Old BJJ Red Belt?

Phrost
9/16/2015 6:18am,
http://i.imgur.com/7cXGgCG.jpg

The Red Belt in Brazilian Jiujitsu is the pinnacle of training, skill, and experience; awarded only to a select few. But with the surge in the style's popularity in the past decade, the ability for practitioners to root out fakes and liars has degraded.

Ubiratan Cordeiro is a virtually unknown Brazilian red belt out of Recife, Brazil, who over the past weekend awarded another red belt to his 35-year-old student, Clayton Silva. Shortly afterward, BJJ social media in Brazil exploded with outrage.

http://i.imgur.com/yk1pjXr.jpg

Comments include:

Karina Jj Gracie – Impunity as always colaborating with banditry

Wellington Vilela Bjj – It turned into a mess

Joel Viana – Shameful, but that’s what we are seeing every day. It’s a pity but we see black belts walking around who don’t even know how to tie their own belts.

Andre Baka – Anyone can wear a belt, but knowledge is for the few. ossss

Mateus Almeida – You are fucking around yeah? Fucking hell

Demetrius Cartagenes – Shame

Cesar Carceglia – I can see that also in Brazil there is this cancer. But the problem with this kind of people happens more often than we can imagine. I apologize for my Portuguese.

Alan Trindade – What the **** is this man, you don’t even have enough age for this **** and further you wear a red belt with 10 degrees. The red belt with 10 degrees is only for the Gracie family, check it on the website.

Adriano Ganzarolli – Man, you must be a real fucking Super Sayajin ahahahahaha

Cordeiro promoted himself to 10th Degree and created his own BJJ federation, the FPJJI, granting him the authority to promote people in the sport independently. His Facebook profile can be found here (https://www.facebook.com/ubiratancordeiro.silva/about?section=living&pnref=about).

Ice Hole
9/16/2015 10:30am,
It won't be long before there is a legion of questionable BJJ red belts. Whole generations of them. They'll reproduce like mogwai in a swimming pool. Then it will get worse, because they start handing out black belts en mass.

More signal lost in the noise.

Hopefully it won't be long before opposing factions of "legit" and "non-legit" red belt lineages form, and begin to battle for ultimate supremacy.

That would be one way of turning this negative into a positive...30-something red belts must be destroyed on the field at all costs. Nuke them from orbit..the only way to ensure they don't spawn and multiply..

Ming Loyalist
9/16/2015 12:57pm,
i think the 35 year old guy actually has more stripes on his belt than renato laranga. are there *twelve*???

xstyle
9/16/2015 1:55pm,
i think the 35 year old guy actually has more stripes on his belt than renato laranga. are there *twelve*???

I counted 15 stripes. Sure this isn't a Bujinkan promotion?

Ice Hole
9/16/2015 6:01pm,
this is a pisser

https://www.reddit.com/r/bjj/comments/3l2qs5/newest_red_belt_10th_degree_in_the_bjj_community/

Mr.Miyagi
9/17/2015 6:38pm,
In Okinawa, belt mean no need rope to hold up pants.
Ha ha ha ha ha.

Clayton-san...
[taps head] BJJ here.
[taps heart] BJJ here.
[points to belt] BJJ never here. Understand?

Wa ha ha ha ha ha.

Chili Pepper
9/17/2015 8:38pm,
All it'll take to resolve the situation, is for the guy with the shiny new red belt to roll with someone from outside of that organization. Arm broken, problem solved.

The Villain
9/26/2015 10:33am,
All it'll take to resolve the situation, is for the guy with the shiny new red belt to roll with someone from outside of that organization. Arm broken, problem solved.

Red belt has nothing to do with skill though.

Chili Pepper
9/26/2015 5:04pm,
Red belt has nothing to do with skill though.

No, agreed - I just expect that he's got a huge target painted on his back now, and everybody will be trying to humiliate the crap out of him. And after that happens, I also expect he'll quietly fade away.

Escrimator
10/22/2015 6:06pm,
**** him,**** with with his own frozen red belt,right up the ass.

ArthurO
10/24/2015 3:04pm,
Idiots