PDA

View Full Version : I thought She'd Be Bigger

Pages : [1] 2 3

JohnnyCache
9/09/2015 6:49pm,
http://i.imgur.com/L4puqj8.jpg

Reigning UFC women's bantam weight champ Ronda Rousey is the new Dalton (http://variety.com/2015/film/news/ronda-rousey-road-house-reboot-1201567956/)

I, for one, am saddened that Patrick Swazye isn't around to revisit the franchise and take over the Sam Elliot role.

I cannot WAIT for a legion of frothing MMA fans to call for Cyborg to take on the Ben Gazzara role.

This should be a worthy addition to the property, fitting of placement alongside Roadhouse 2: Last Call and the Taimak-helmed stage production of Roadhouse in the deeply moving and culturally significant well of inspiration that is the roadhouse IP.

No word on Rousey's degree of interest in a re-make of "Over the top"

We shall wait with baited breath.

Devil
9/10/2015 11:35am,
What a fucking load of horse ****. This will be right up there in gayness with Mad Max: Feminist Road.

Women can't be bouncers.

NeilG
9/10/2015 11:49am,
Fury Road was awesome. How can you deny the flame-throwing guitarist?

Road House was a turd to start with, so I have no emotional investment in a bad remake. There is a lot of butt-hurt on the interwebs about it the last couple of days though.

Devil
9/10/2015 11:54am,
Fury Road was awesome. How can you deny the flame-throwing guitarist?

Road House was a turd to start with, so I have no emotional investment in a bad remake. There is a lot of butt-hurt on the interwebs about it the last couple of days though.

You're a contrary little ************. Have I told you that?

Okay, the flame throwing guitarist was pretty badass. I'll give you that. But the rest of the movie where an attractive woman was doing something other than getting raped or protected by men in the post apocalyptic world was just silly.

Road House was one of the coolest 80s action movies.

NeilG
9/10/2015 12:04pm,
Everything about all the Mad Max movies is silly, extra silly just adds to the fun. Skinny little Patrick Swayze doesn't make any more believable a bouncer than Ronda Rousey. It's the movies, you either choose to suspend your disbelief for the purposes of having fun or not.

ChenPengFi
9/10/2015 12:25pm,
Fury Road has all real stunts, with minimal cgi, ergo it is badass.

Devil
9/10/2015 1:06pm,
Everything about all the Mad Max movies is silly, extra silly just adds to the fun. Skinny little Patrick Swayze doesn't make any more believable a bouncer than Ronda Rousey. It's the movies, you either choose to suspend your disbelief for the purposes of having fun or not.

Contrary little ************.

Devil
9/10/2015 1:08pm,
Fury Road has all real stunts, with minimal cgi, ergo it is badass.

Except for the fact that the main character is a woman. It's lame. Like when they made the new Lone Ranger all about the Indian.

NeilG
9/10/2015 1:37pm,
Fury Road has all real stunts, with minimal cgi, ergo it is badass.You'd be surprised how much CGI is in there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL6hp8BKB24

BKR
9/10/2015 1:57pm,
What a fucking load of horse ****. This will be right up there in gayness with Mad Max: Feminist Road.

Women can't be bouncers.

Not even in an all-lesbian bar ?

BKR
9/10/2015 2:00pm,
Except for the fact that the main character is a woman. It's lame. Like when they made the new Lone Ranger all about the Indian.

Tonterias sin dudo...

ChenPengFi
9/10/2015 2:08pm,
You'd be surprised how much CGI is in there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL6hp8BKB24

No, it's quite minimal by what's become standard.
I have quite a few industry folks as clients and behind the scenes people (stunt coordinators, set engineers etc) are blown away by how much real stuff they destroyed, and bodies they put in harms way.
Sure they have to hide rigging, studio backdrops and add flames or whatever.
So much stuff is way easier to do and much safer on computers, so badass points they shall receive for crashing vehicles and hurling bodies.

The Sarah Jones (RIP) incident is an example of how NOT to do a movie on the other hand.

NeilG
9/10/2015 2:11pm,
Got that video from a friend of mine who works at ILM. It's pretty interesting to a layman like me.

Devil
9/10/2015 2:19pm,
Tonterias sin dudo...

I don't speak Mexican.

Devil
9/10/2015 2:20pm,
Not even in an all-lesbian bar ?

Nope. That would just escalate the level of violence. Women hate each other.

ChenPengFi
9/10/2015 2:34pm,
Got that video from a friend of mine who works at ILM. It's pretty interesting to a layman like me.

No doubt.
I got to hear how some as yet to be released stunt scenes were accomplished locally, all the way from design and vehicle procurement to post.
Pretty fascinating stuff all the way around and complicated as hell.
They even shut down this Interstate Highway (yeah, yeah, I know...) for a day of shooting.
What a location...

http://lh6.ggpht.com/-YRvPCRa4XAU/UvcrJLESDlI/AAAAAAAAvzQ/O5JV1xMwYbY/h3-highway-hawaii-4%25255B6%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800

edit: And ILM? That's got to be a great gig.