PDA

View Full Version : California, Can We Throwdown?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Tramirezmma
5/24/2015 9:13pm,
I, for one, am super bummed to have missed the early aught heyday of the Throwdown. But fear not, for tomorrow is another day.

Bullies, I ask of you, who will answer the call to glory? Will we revive the tradition? Or is Bullshido just pissing in the wind?

I think BS is too important to let fade away. The Throwdowns and Investigations are the hook here, and I'm only qualified/able to assist and participate in the former.

So what's up Cali?

Mr. Machette
5/24/2015 10:42pm,
Where you at?

Tramirezmma
5/24/2015 11:45pm,
Where you at?

I am in Los Angeles, but am willing to travel as far as San Francisco to make this happen. I can help organize, maybe help finance any needed items. We just need a host and some CA Bullies. Or a park, we could totally do this in Griffith Park. Maybe... more potential for injury without real mats and the like.

Christmas Spirit
5/25/2015 1:34am,
I am in Los Angeles, but am willing to travel as far as San Francisco to make this happen.

Tramirezmma

Registered Member

Posted On:
5/25/2015 12:45am

Oh well then. That makes sense.

I always wondered if Silt Colorado was in L.A. California.

Mr. Machette
5/26/2015 1:56am,
I could possibly do bay area with enough notice. Not as far for me as you but times is tight so I can make no real promise at the moment.

I wish I could get down to L.A. I have some family I'd like to visit there so who knows? Depending on how far out we plan this I might be able to overlap the two adeventures.

BKR
5/26/2015 7:28pm,
Oh well then. That makes sense.

I always wondered if Silt Colorado was in L.A. California.

He moved, and Silt is in the middle of fucking nowhere...

big maclol
5/27/2015 11:18am,
Bay Area would be excellent!

Permalost
5/27/2015 11:47am,
I've gone as far as Santa Barbara for these shenanigans and would call it my upward travel limit from San Diego.

goodlun
5/27/2015 9:29pm,
I've gone as far as Santa Barbara for these shenanigans and would call it my upward travel limit from San Diego.

I agree and even Santa Barbara is pushing it.
San Diego throw down at Permalost's Garage

Evergrey
5/28/2015 2:25pm,
Bay Area resident here. I wish I could afford a trip to LA. I have a ton of dojos I have been promising to visit for years, around there. Also, Omega, I promised to visit Omega years ago, also.
Stupid being poor. Stupid slow petsitting business. Maybe at the end of summer.
For here, a throwdown would be crazy simple. Last Sunday of the month, my dojo, it's already open sparring, and the guy who organizes it has come to throwdowns before, all martial artists who can be respectful and just have fun without going uberflail trying to break people are welcome. So, ya know, that's an option.

I don't normally go to those any more but of course I would if y'all were planning to.

goodlun
5/28/2015 7:30pm,
If we could actually get enough people willing to throw in some money we could just rent a place and some mats
http://www.dollamur.com/rentals

goodlun
5/28/2015 7:31pm,
For that matter we might be able to rent out the http://www.sundayrollout.com
place or rent out Studio 540.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Studio-540/273354906180908

Omega Supreme
5/29/2015 12:56pm,
I know of at least one place in the Beach Cities area that's a bit more central for travelling purposes.

goodlun
5/29/2015 3:02pm,
I know of at least one place in the Beach Cities area that's a bit more central for travelling purposes.

Just get Jeff to let us use the Sunday Roll out place and come on down here, and pick up Tramirezmma on the way down.

Omega Supreme
5/29/2015 3:51pm,
I DON'T WANT TO TRAVEL ALL THE FUCKING WAY DOWN TO SAN DIEGO!!!

goodlun
5/29/2015 4:04pm,
I DON'T WANT TO TRAVEL ALL THE FUCKING WAY DOWN TO SAN DIEGO!!!

Come down for comic con and stay for a throw down