PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver/Burnaby Sparring and Rolling

megabiceps
2/27/2015 12:05pm,
Yo,

I live in North Burnaby and am looking for people to spar and roll with, maybe even get a group together. I've practiced all the major martial arts, with most experience in bjj. I have a pretty unique style of fighting and I'd like to test it on anyone willing. I'm open for whatever really, as long as it's alive.

megabiceps
3/03/2015 12:02pm,
Maybe it would help if I elaborated on experience, I'm a 3 stripe blue in bjj, but have moved around quit a bit and have been practicing jits for 4-5 years. I've done about 6 months of boxing in different places, a few months of muay thai, a couple semesters of judo, a year or two of karate and a couple months of MMA.

My real interest though lies in studying internal arts such as yiquan, and applying the principles and practice to sparring. If your a beginner I am pretty chill and I can make you work while making it fun. For more advanced people I can take some punishment and my defense is pretty strong as far as I can tell.

Knuckles Murphy
6/01/2015 3:30pm,
I'm down if you're still around

kungfutacsticks
9/07/2015 7:16am,
Hey, I live in North Burnaby as well. I am actually the Head Security at Revs Bowling, if you live in North Burnaby you should know where that is. We have quite a bit of space at Revs such as the racketball courts and what not. Let me know if you ever want to train or spar, I can bring pads to hit and what not. I can let you work out in the gym too. Always cool to make connections and exchange friendly knowledge. Anyone interested just personal message me and I will sed you my phone number. Always looking to absorb and exchange ideas.

ack4
8/21/2016 2:14pm,
Is this still an active idea? I live in Vancouver

cmeerkat
12/15/2016 10:11pm,
Likewise - East Van for me, north of Grandview Highway.

cmeerkat
12/15/2016 10:32pm,
Hey, I live in North Burnaby as well. I am actually the Head Security at Revs Bowling, if you live in North Burnaby you should know where that is. We have quite a bit of space at Revs such as the racketball courts and what not. Let me know if you ever want to train or spar, I can bring pads to hit and what not. I can let you work out in the gym too. Always cool to make connections and exchange friendly knowledge. Anyone interested just personal message me and I will sed you my phone number. Always looking to absorb and exchange ideas.

I'm 20 min from Revs, it looks like.

I have a pair of Boon kick pads I picked up from Bangkok that I need to break in. Plus a pair of legs I need to break in. And basically every muscle group other than my forearms after being in Japan for 4 years and only doing Kendo.

Basically a well-boned fat-sack with the ability to act shy on command.

Knuckles Murphy
1/10/2017 1:50am,
Are you all meeting up at Revs? I'm the original responder to the original poster

cmeerkat
1/10/2017 6:09am,
Are you all meeting up at Revs? I'm the original responder to the original poster

No reply to me, but I'm still up for an off-hours training session, regularly if it works out. Been shoving furniture to the side and following Bas Rutten's tapes, so I could keep up with most standard striking workouts. Would need a refresher for grappling though...

Have spare gloves and striking pads to contribute.

Knuckles Murphy
1/11/2017 1:58am,
No reply to me, but I'm still up for an off-hours training session, regularly if it works out. Been shoving furniture to the side and following Bas Rutten's tapes, so I could keep up with most standard striking workouts. Would need a refresher for grappling though...

Have spare gloves and striking pads to contribute.

I sent you a private message

cmeerkat
4/02/2017 3:48am,
Just a note that I'm still looking if anyone's open.

PM me for more contact information - oops if I missed anything, don't come here often.

Lazylegs
4/27/2017 9:59pm,
I wouldn't mind meeting up and knocking out some of my cobwebs. I'm not that skilled but I'm also not living mc dojo life

cmeerkat
5/21/2017 11:35am,
PM me to get in touch. Haven't heard back from anyone yet.

battlefields
6/01/2017 9:43pm,
Vancouver motherfuckers, I'm possibly visiting you at the end of this month, so I have been testing out my Canadian vocab, "eh?", "sorry", "aboot" and "sorry aboot that, eh?"

I'm also looking forward to having a roll, so am wondering where to do so.

I am attending a conference at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre and may be staying at the Downtown Marriott on the 25-27th of June but am looking to extend the stay a couple of days.

battlefields
6/01/2017 10:06pm,
Also, if someone can hook me up with some of that sweet BC bud, I would be a happy man.
Purely for medicinal and recovery purposes.

cmeerkat
6/02/2017 3:21pm,
I'm more of a lady-killer than a ************ - read: still-shopping-for-a-jock-strap-and-mouth-guard-softie - but I'm looking for sparring partners too.

If you're looking for a gym, I'd recommend Lions or Kai Singthong for harder guys (my guess based on what I've heard, haven't actually been to either yet); most of the other ones are... well, my level haha... Anyway, feel free to message me as a +1 if someone bites.

As for the bud, it's currently a retail market, so you can literally Google places to buy. For the best, there's probably a discussion on Reddit about it. There was actually an open market along Robson by the art gallery a few months ago (wasn't even 4/20 yet), bike cops rolled through and didn't say anything.

Just be sure to check which chains failed their mould/organism tests in Toronto before picking your shop in Vancouver... No need to be smoking something that probably grew in granny's ass.