PDA

View Full Version : Noob Here

JRobert
2/17/2015 5:35pm,
Hello all. I'm a long-time lurker but never took the time to register until today. I have often looked to bullshido as a resource when researching different martial arts. I currently train predominately BJJ in Maryland. I've had a torn ACL that, despite PT, has gone progressively downhill for about 2 years and I am finally scheduled for surgery in a few months, and I'm really excited to hopefully be able to throw a real kick again when it's all said and done.

I also have a heart condition, which ensures that I will never compete on any professional level, but I still believe in training to the best of my ability, and I truly believe BJJ has changed my life for the better. I am a big advocate for knowing self-defense. Anyways, that's me in a nutshell. I may not be the most active poster here, but you can expect me to chime in from time to time if I have a question (only after THOROUGHLY having searched the forum for the answer first ;) ) or want to give feedback on a thread. Thanks to all!

frenchie88
2/17/2015 6:30pm,
Welcome to Bullshido!

JudOWNED
2/17/2015 7:23pm,
Cool man. From what I know about guys like Lauzon, Bill Mahoney and Matt Serra the east coast BJJ scene is pretty sweet.

slamdunc
2/17/2015 7:42pm,
Welcome to Bullshido.

JRobert
2/17/2015 7:58pm,
Cool man. From what I know about guys like Lauzon, Bill Mahoney and Matt Serra the east coast BJJ scene is pretty sweet.

There are a lot of good players, but everyone is pretty spread out it seems, especially if aren't in any of the major cities. I live in a pretty rural area in the eastern part of Maryland. There's good networking here though. I've had the chance to go to training seminars with people like Caio Terra, who in his case was cool enough to come down to our academy in the middle of nowhere.