PDA

View Full Version : Comming back to wrestling. Need some help.

COLLINDEFLEUR
11/28/2014 6:50am,
I have not posted on here for a really long time so I posted this in the wrong section may bad-
Basically I wrestled my 12th grade year and then wrestled two more years at a local open club following my 12th year. I'm coming back to that club after a leaving for two years (work, partying, the bullshit) But am very committed to training as hard as a can and as long as I can. I'm in my early 20s so I doubt it will go anyways but I don't really care. I just want to wrestle and wrestle well.
I'll be wrestling four days a week (one day was canceled) in the evening but am going to try to see if I can get a private wrestling lesson with my coaches)on the cancelled day.
Anyways.
I won't be in the club for about another week so in the mean time I'm just wondering if any of you had some absolutely brutal conditioning regimes you might be able to throw my way. I have a weight routine I follow twice a week and am quite content with it- but even when I wrestled I could never quite grasp the best way to improve my win.
I'd also be curious as to what any of you think taking a split no-gi jiu-jitsu club and kickboxing club class every Saturday morning or would be over training?
Really like to hear any advice/ input.
Thanks guys.

DubhGhaill
11/28/2014 3:39pm,
I don't think you'll learn much taking Kickboxing and Jiu Jitsu once per week. How about Wrestling 4 times per week and Kickboxing + JJ twice per week?

Whether or not you would overtrain on such a program depends on a lot of factors. There's nothing inherently wrong with exercising 5-6 days per week, or even every day.

chaosexmachina
7/20/2015 5:39pm,
Judo might be a better fit for the time being. It's normally inexpensive and it will help with your wrestling (mostly in the tie-ups of course).

Speaks Softly
7/29/2015 6:32pm,
Judo might be a better fit for the time being. It's normally inexpensive and it will help with your wrestling (mostly in the tie-ups of course).

For me, that's one of Judo's greatest benefit(helping you with tie-ups, and with keeping your feet/balance). The throws, locks, and groundwork are icing on the cake.

Note Bene: you get one up-vote for the Joe Rogan quote.