PDA

View Full Version : From Russia with BS: Frank Dux Promoting Russian Seminar

Phrost
11/25/2014 2:03pm,
http://i.imgur.com/1EIL96Q.png

Frank Dux is someone that many American martial artists might not take seriously, but the same does not appear to be true in Russia.

The "ALL JAPAN JU-JITSU INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION", a paradoxically Russian organization that styles itself the "WORLD JU-JITSU GOVERNING BODY", is co-promoting a seminar with Dux, who is noted for his exaggerated claims; such as having knocked out 56 fighters in a single tournament, which mathematically would have meant a tournament of thousands of people in hundreds of brackets. To date, none of the tournament's participants have come forward to verify Dux's claims.

Their eight-minute promotional video (linked below), features little else except footage from the Jean Claude Van Damme movie "Bloodsport" - a movie supposed to be based on the "true story" of Dux's participation in a tournament called the Kumite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru-pIEwKA_o

The AIJJF itself appears to be a creation of an individual named Alexey Kunin, whose own claims of martial arts credentials seem to be in dispute by some (https://www.facebook.com/pages/AJJIF-Russia-All-Ju-Jitsu-International-Federation/643175585762723). Unfortunately, Bullshido as a predominately English-speaking organization, has not focused on Russian "bullshido" to the extent we'd like, and this seems to have provided a refuge for individuals who make their living by exploiting the ignorance of others.

For more information about Frank Dux and his claims, read the following thread:

Frank Dux & Fakes in General FAQ (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15731)

Stickybomb
11/25/2014 4:31pm,
Maybe they brought him in with secret purpose to present him in front of well trained crowd which will laugh at stereotypical western stupid capitalistic pig. :-/

slamdunc
11/25/2014 7:02pm,
Maybe they brought him in with secret purpose to present him in front of well trained crowd which will laugh at stereotypical western stupid capitalistic pig. :-/They probably brought him in to award Putin an 8th or 9th Dan in whatever that made up **** martial art Dux peddles.

Stickybomb
11/26/2014 4:28pm,
Perhaps he'll just come in, close the door, throw Dux through, 'Tee hee, I just defeated that kumite guy, I'm awesome' and and leave on the shoulders of comrades.

TEA
12/14/2014 9:36pm,
Does anyone have the link to the original investigation on Dux? Might be useful to add to the OP for context.

Is that a picture of the official promo poster? If so, I can't believe he'd cut and paste from "Blood Sport" after all of the legal fall out over that fiasco.

ghost55
12/14/2014 10:05pm,
Perhaps he'll just come in, close the door, throw Dux through, 'Tee hee, I just defeated that kumite guy, I'm awesome' and and leave on the shoulders of comrades.

I wouldn't be surprised. Putin seems like the type to train with aliveness. I almost wonder if he lurks here on occasion...

slamdunc
12/14/2014 10:52pm,
I wouldn't be surprised. Putin seems like the type to train with aliveness. I almost wonder if he lurks here on occasion...I hope not; next time I'm in Russia, he'll kick my ass for clowning on him. Dux, I'm not afraid of, but Putin.....

Permalost
12/15/2014 12:56pm,
Is that a picture of the official promo poster? If so, I can't believe he'd cut and paste from "Blood Sport" after all of the legal fall out over that fiasco.
Intellectual property infringement in Russia?!?!?

Eddie Hardon
12/27/2014 3:17pm,
Well, Kunin is currently being slaughtered by legitimate high Dan Grade Instructors at the moment. This is mainly confined to Facebook and he is being condemned as a Fraud. The overall tenor of opinion being that he's about Yellow Belt level in, I think Trad JJ/Judo but is proficient in what little he knows. He's further accused of selling rank - shock, horror - and I can identify one 8th Dan who I recall being a 5th Dan and being raised to 6th Dan in Trad JJ. He wanted to be accorded 8th Dan rank but that got kicked into touch very rapidly.

In short, well dodgy geezer. Avoid.