PDA

View Full Version : Anyone wanna train wing chun with me?

wingchunx2z
3/08/2014 9:45pm,
Are there any posters in the south/central FL area that would be interested in setting up a martial arts meet. Anyone looking for new or different training partners?

I recently purchased some new sparring gear and would love to have someone to help me drill or spar. I'm also open to training standard combat sport striking and grappling as well.

wingchunx2z
3/20/2014 8:20pm,
918 people don't want to train with me.. This makes me sad.

slamdunc
3/20/2014 10:58pm,
What rule-set do you train under? Do you make contact; if so, how much. I'm going to be in central Florida in mid-June. I don't know Wing Chun, but I did a little Chinese boxing back in the day; it that the same thing?

wingchunx2z
3/20/2014 11:38pm,
What rule-set do you train under? Do you make contact; if so, how much. I'm going to be in central Florida in mid-June. I don't know Wing Chun, but I did a little Chinese boxing back in the day; it that the same thing?

Yep, I like sparring. I prefer mid contact with faceshielded headgear, but I can work with boxing gloves and a mouthguard only as well.

I like drilling and isolation sparring primarily, but I'm definitely down for sparring if you'd like.

I don't know what exactly chinese boxing entails. It's sort of a broad statement. If you're referring to SANDA or Sanshou, then no it's pretty different principally.

I'm also available for rolling if you wish to grapple starting standing or knees.

Permalost
3/21/2014 11:28am,
Where are you?

wingchunx2z
3/21/2014 11:39am,
Tampa Fl but I can travel reasonable distances for a throwdown or something.

gregaquaman
3/21/2014 1:53pm,
If you are ever in airlie drop in.

wingchunx2z
3/21/2014 3:50pm,
If you are ever in airlie drop in.

Thx, I'll remember that.

jspeedy
3/21/2014 4:55pm,
Im in Groveland (west of Orlando), I also run the Goveland Balintawak club (check us out on facebook). I wouldn't mind getting in some empty hand. I'm not particularly interested in Wing chun, but if you want to experiment i'm game. One of the guys that just started with me has some WC knowledge, i'm not sure of the extent though. Also, if you want to try out some weapons I'm more than happy to teach or spar.

...holy hell just saw you're 6'5". This could get "fun".

wingchunx2z
3/21/2014 6:12pm,
Im in Groveland (west of Orlando), I also run the Goveland Balintawak club (check us out on facebook). I wouldn't mind getting in some empty hand. I'm not particularly interested in Wing chun, but if you want to experiment i'm game. One of the guys that just started with me has some WC knowledge, i'm not sure of the extent though. Also, if you want to try out some weapons I'm more than happy to teach or spar.

...holy hell just saw you're 6'5". This could get "fun".

Eh, I dunno how that setting to set there but no I'm around 5 '10 last I checked lol. I'll see if I can go in and find where it says that.

jspeedy
3/21/2014 6:46pm,
Haha, maybe you lied or maybe I'm just blind. I could've been reading a post from some other Wing Chun guy.

killface
3/22/2014 3:30pm,
Experimenting is all good an well but you wont make any good progress without REGULAR sparring. Plus having a coach guiding you and pointing out mistakes should not be underestimated.

Go to your next Boxing, Kickboxing or whatever club and get some sparring. I am sure the guys will be happy to get some fresh meat.

wingchunx2z
3/22/2014 4:35pm,
Experimenting is all good an well but you wont make any good progress without REGULAR sparring. Plus having a coach guiding you and pointing out mistakes should not be underestimated.

Go to your next Boxing, Kickboxing or whatever club and get some sparring. I am sure the guys will be happy to get some fresh meat.

Oh I do, I always take the open mat time to get some wing chun sparring training in with some people during open mat. I have them use their preferred striking style and I use at least 2 rounds of wing chun.

But I'm always looking for new people to work with, and there's more of an eclectic group of styles represented here.

It is Fake
3/22/2014 4:57pm,

Psst. Look at his join date and read some of his posts. He gets ridiculed enough in trollshido and YMAS. He knows all about what you just typed. This is the TD area either help him or save the "advice" for YMAS.