PDA

View Full Version : Redefining our terms:

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Vieux Normand
11/16/2012 9:56pm,
Let me know when you join us in the real world...

Why do that, when I can choose to remain all holier-than-thou as well as above-it-all? Go ahead, tell me why.

Keej613
11/16/2012 10:56pm,
How about Conservative Martial Arts...

Conservative sounds like a politically-charged term.

It also sounds like it's the opposite of "progressive" and that would make for a highly controversial dichotomy.

goodlun
11/16/2012 10:57pm,

It also sounds like it's the opposite of "progressive" and that would make for a highly controversial dichotomy.
and yet very accurate

Omega Supreme
11/16/2012 11:08pm,
Why do that, when I can choose to remain all holier-than-thou as well as above-it-all? Go ahead, tell me why.
Da Nile is not a river in Egypt.

bigato
11/17/2012 1:33am,
I propose dropping the term martial arts altogether and using fighting systems, fighting techniques or fighting classes depending on the context. Let the dogmatics keep the old terms to themselves. The words are abused enough.

doofaloofa
11/17/2012 3:25am,
Any new terminology should be a pnumonic with humourous/sexual overtones

xxax
11/17/2012 4:16am,

Adjective: Holding to traditional attitudes and values and cautious about change or innovation, typically in politics or religion.

It may have political connotation, but i still think it quite fits...

Train Ninjitsu, a conservative martial art. I like the sound of it. Sounds like something Bill O'Reilly would train.

Vieux Normand
11/17/2012 1:08pm,

Looks down nose at the above posting from the elite domain of moral and ethical superiority, considers, responds:

Full marks for originality.

DarkPhoenix
11/17/2012 1:12pm,
Da Nile IS a river in Egypt. Denial, OTOH, is not.