PDA

View Full Version : Good/ Bad Uki - BJJ instuctor slaps student and fight breaks out

Pages : [1] 2

Cliff DOG
9/05/2012 11:27pm,
http://youtu.be/qidl1-luIUQ

I can't decide who is the bigger asshole in this video?

The blue belt Judo instructor who slaps the student and starts the fight.

Or the BJJ black belt who who is obviously tensing up and not allowing the instructor to demonstrate the Judo throw.

Rudenoodle
9/05/2012 11:47pm,
I think it's a work.

Permalost
9/06/2012 12:02am,
I think the guy in the black gi didn't communicate well that he wanted the guy to relax and show the throw compliantly. He went from having some trouble to being exasperated without much dialog in the middle.

I don't know gi fighting, but is that a proper way to break a lapel grip? He had to use so much force that I'm guessing something was off there.

TheMightyMcClaw
9/06/2012 12:48am,
Also, was that a schoolyard headlock he was going for when the scrap started? Because if so, then that's the biggest sin right there.

hpr
9/06/2012 12:58am,
Seems fake.

Azatdawn
9/06/2012 2:03am,
Yeah, I've seen that a couple of days ago and decided that it couldn't be real.

Vorpal
9/06/2012 5:58am,
My friend had a student at his Aikijujutsu school who would do this every goddam time. Try to demo a technique, it turns into a roll. I gave up trying to explain things to the dumb ass and would just use it as an opportunity to practice BJJ. Best training I ever got in Aikijujutsu class.

battlefields
9/06/2012 7:00am,
It is bullshit, if you couldn't tell by the terrible set up for an "instructional" then I advise never to pursue a career in critiquing theatre of any kind.

hpr
9/06/2012 1:17pm,
My friend had a student at his Aikijujutsu school who would do this every goddam time. Try to demo a technique, it turns into a roll. I gave up trying to explain things to the dumb ass and would just use it as an opportunity to practice BJJ. Best training I ever got in Aikijujutsu class.

One of the guys in the judo class I train with is like that. It's impossible to train proper technique because he's stiff as a board the whole time. So goddamn frustrating.

Cliff DOG
9/06/2012 1:58pm,
Yeah this is a pun, but for a minute I was DAMN!!!

But it does bring up a point about being flexible and being a good Uke- knowing when it is time for randori or when its time for demonstration or practicing technique.

Some newbs in Judo who suck at Ukemi- break falls will tense up and not allow you to work on technique.

Some BJJ guys will go 100% all the time and not allow you to practice anything. Without controlled practicing of the technique it is hard to build muscle memory and learn the proper technique.

Demonstation- 10% resistance
Practicing - 25-50% resistance
Controlled Sparring- 50-75%
Sparring- 100% resistance

RynoGreene
9/06/2012 5:38pm,
They're both being dicks.

Use an uke who you know can take the fall and work with you. With that being said, if you're going to be teaching a technique, you should know it well enough to make it work against someone who's non compliant. Or show a follow up technique. "If he stiff arms like a ************ (wink wink), use this instead."

Grip break was kind of **** in any case which seemed to start the whole thing.

cualltaigh
9/06/2012 6:05pm,
And yet all their other "instructionals" seem so legit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyDr5EVcbdQ&list=UUfIy4OeIh30DsetKB4QY04A&index=3&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EgG2aD82zM&list=UUfIy4OeIh30DsetKB4QY04A&index=6&feature=plcp

battlefields
9/06/2012 10:09pm,
Holy ****, that guy is hilarious. I also never want to go against his school in competition.

Mr.Miyagi
9/07/2012 8:23am,
They are awesome trolls.

PointyShinyBurn
9/07/2012 9:31am,
Legit LOL at the guy reading the magazine while in the triangle.

realjanuary
9/07/2012 9:41am,
There's very little in the first vid that gives it away as a joke, but a lot of little details that make it very believable. The first time I watched it I could actually feel rage building in my chest, something I haven't felt in a long time.
There were very efficient hints at the main characters motivations to draw us in to the drama(missed handshake, dismissing introduction, disparity in belt and style, tori's several attempts to get uke to cooperate before snapping, the throwaway "I'm having a bad day").
There was very little that took away from it on the second veiwing. The delivery of the lines by minor characters (camera man and second student) sounded just a little more rehearsed compared to the very natural delivery of the two main characters.
The face push was just right for this piece. The single leg wasn't quite as believable. The face push was a tough act to follow.
This was art.