PDA

View Full Version : Shaolin Do: BS

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Phrost
3/21/2012 6:11pm,

Here's a riddle for you guys:

What do you get when you cross a civil suit, a copyright claim, a BS Martial Art origin story, and a concerned citizen leaks transcripts of the whole thing to our investigators?

(Aside from dozens of embarrassed franchise owners, hundreds of black belts, and thousands of students of said BS Martial Art, of course...)

You get our latest investigation (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=115628) by Sam Browning, IIF, and the Bullshido team!

TaeBo_Master
3/21/2012 6:15pm,
Ahh, Shaolin-Do. Now that takes me back.

hungryjoe
3/21/2012 9:12pm,
Good work Sam and IiF. This one has been a long time coming from someone. Props to you both and the above mentioned "concerned citizen".

DaTedBear
3/22/2012 9:20am,
Have to admit, it was enlightening to read the exchange between the attorney and SKT regarding origins and the apparent language barrier from time to time. Afterall, SKT has advanced degrees in engineering...that were taught in English.

Auszi
3/22/2012 10:30am,
The fact his name is 'The' was messing with my head when I was trying to read the story.

It is Fake
3/22/2012 10:31am,
The funny thing is how things work out. When I first joined I was going to write this huge article/expose on my dealings with The and the Soards. Then I stopped caring and let it all go. Who would've thought this would have suddenly fell into our lap?

Phrost
3/22/2012 10:42am,
What needs to happen now is for us to get the word out to the rest of the Internet about this; cross-posting on various forums and engaging people who are still spending their time and money on this BS.

DaTedBear
3/22/2012 10:52am,
The reaction that would be priceless would be Bill Leonard.

It is Fake
3/22/2012 10:55am,
You know exactly how it would go. I'm beating up everyone Raaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhh.

DaTedBear
3/22/2012 11:00am,
LOL!! He would claim it was a conspiracy. That SKT would never had said those things if he were not under duress. Then, he would want to punch out anyone that mentioned it. Oh, man!

CrackFox
3/22/2012 11:29am,
This is going to sound a bit pedantic, but I've seen his name written as The, The', and Thé. Which is the most correct?

Also how would you write it phonetically? I would read The as simply "the", but Thé as "they".

It is Fake
3/22/2012 11:45am,
If you look on the web it changes website to website, I have no clue. It changes in his book and manuals as well. Hell, I have seen it written as Te' or Te which makes more sense phonetically.

That SKT would never had said those things if he were not under duress.

This is the exact defense I thought of when I was reading the transcript. Yet, there are parts where there is no way you can backtrack form what was stated.

That Rank stuff is my favorite.

DaTedBear
3/22/2012 11:50am,
Like when he got pissy with the attorney that called him a fifth degree instead of fifth level? Ha!

Although I have also seen it written various ways, SKT pronounced it "Tay".

wanderingsoul
3/25/2012 9:06pm,
Hello everyone, its been a while since I posted and I hope that everyone is doing well. I read this article and I am trying to figure out whats the point. I see several "way to goes" "its about time" and " Oh I would love to see his face" What do you see that is so significant about this. To me it just seems like a lawsuit based on contractual obligations and testing fees. You comment on the lack of Historical information is the deposition, I would comment on the lack of a question asked about historical information, it would be irrellevent in this case. The only reference I see is his statement under oathe that he teaches forms based on Shaolin Kung Fu which is what he has said all along. I am not trying to defend the validity of Shaolin-Do, I just don't understand the "News Flash" of this article. Can you tell me what is so huge.

It is Fake
3/25/2012 9:20pm,
Hello everyone, its been a while since I posted and I hope that everyone is doing well. I read this article and I am trying to figure out whats the point. I see several "way to goes" "its about time" and " Oh I would love to see his face" What do you see that is so significant about this. To me it just seems like a lawsuit based on contractual obligations and testing fees. That's the basis of the article. Please read, not skim, the entire document.

You comment on the lack of Historical information is the deposition, I would comment on the lack of a question asked about historical information, it would be irrellevent in this case.Historical? I see plenty of historical admissions concerning Shaolin-Do and its lineage. I see admissions about various forms and how many he actually knows.

The only reference I see is his statement under oathe that he teaches forms based on Shaolin Kung Fu which is what he has said all along. Then you didn't read the deposition thoroughly. "Based on" means an interpretation which is not the same as direct lineage to Shaolin temple.

I am not trying to defend the validity of Shaolin-Do,No, but you are skipping key admissions.

Sam Browning
3/25/2012 10:24pm,
Please read the article again. Each admission is tied to a specific page number. Pre-deposition The' claimed he taught an art named Shaolin Do which he had been taught to him as Shaolin Do in Indonesia. That turned out to be untrue. Then he claimed that his material was from the Shaolin Temple through Grandmaster E. It turns out he made up many of the forms he variously implied or claimed were ancient. Finally he admitted that his brother was telling his students that their instructor was actually their grandfather indicating he did not tell the truth about Grandmaster E.

I doubt you will accept this, but you should ask The' why a day or two after the deposition he suddenly settled his lawsuit. I would be very interested in what he would say on the record.