PDA

View Full Version : The USJA Promotion Board is NOT DOING their Job!!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15

Matt Phillips
7/21/2011 5:51pm,
8733 12/7/2006 Judo Yodan

This is a new example of a person who did not list their affiliated club as the Karl Geis Judo club, because they own their own (Judo) club, or teach elsewhere. They are a member of Karl Geis' organization, and they were promoted on the same day as (most) everybody else.

It is practically impossible to find and count all people of this sort, but there are 52 clubs listed in Geis' organization, many with multiple Geis affiliated instructors. I would estimate about 75 people in all. These are people who can not be part of the 57 I put up earlier (because they are not Geis' club, but their own). I suspect someone is teaching Kids at at least one of them, as their organization has a children's curriculum and promotion sequence in place (posted a few posts back).

Edit:

Here is a listing in the Geis organization for a school:

Tennessee
Red Dragon Martial Arts Center Instructor: John Kirby, Aikido 5th Dan, Judo 4th Dan Arts Taught: KiHara Aikido, Kodokan Judo Location: 723 East Main Street; Jefferson City, TN Phone: (865) 475-8510 WWW: http://www.rdkarate.com (http://www.rdkarate.com/)

The link above is retrievable to Nov 2007 (about 1 year after the big promotion) here http://web.archive.org/web/20071123224913/http://www.rdkarate.com/site/view/37791_INSTRUCTORSSTAFF.pml

Now Mr Kirby seems not to be on staff at the time, and we can't know for sure what they were teaching in Dec 2006, but 11 months later they had a "Tiny Tigers" program.

judoka_uk
7/21/2011 6:01pm,
Matt, would it be helpful for you to focus your investigation on these names:
http://www.karlgeis.com/resume.htm

Mr. Percy Lampin
Mr. Gordon and Louise Wing
B.B. Smith
Wilberne (Mac) McNease
Charles Caldwell
Dr.Clifton Norgaard
Fred Troy
Mr. Rex Clark
Mr. Karl Armstrong
Mr. Craig Boyett
Mr. B.G. Smith
Dr. Richard Geis
Mr. Robert Poffinbarger
Daniel Larouch
Mr. Ron Gotlin
Mrs. Susan Gotlin
Dr. Doug Gotlin
Mr. Greg Gotlin
Dr. Robert Gotlin
Mr. Brian Sullivan
Mrs. Kitty Sullivan
Mr. Jack Hamel
Ms. Debbie Loren
Mr. Gilbert Squires
Mr. Doug Williams
Mr. David Moss
Mr. PaulSanford
Ashley Issacs
Mr. Edwin Loitz
Mr. David Edwards
Dr. James Wooley
Dr. David Andres
Mr. George and Bettina Shackelford
Fred Troy
Henry Copeland
Mr. George Webber
Ms. Genni Ruzzi
Mr. Tim Joe
Dr. Yogi Kondo
Mr. Michael Macaluso
Mr. Chris Thygesen
Doug and Lita Womack
Martin Bregman
Mr. and Mrs. Edwin Geis
Virginia Geis Burnhardt
Mr. Lowell Collins
Aaron Loren
Mr. Jerry Jones
Mr. Bo Everitt
Mr. Bob Canup
Ms. Janet New Craig
Mrs. Julie Loitz
Mr. Rook Edwards
Mr. Rianard Jackson
Dr. Scott Harrell
Dr. Paul Johnson
Dr. Michael Berg
Mr. Mark Robitaille
Dr. William Skinner
Dr. Samuel Stal
Mr. Ron Haaksma
Mr. Mike Montgomery

Snake Plissken
7/21/2011 6:18pm,
Some, but not all, the people are on the list which Matt referenced in an earlier post

Matt Phillips
7/21/2011 7:03pm,
I'm trying not to inject any more actual names into the conversation. Anyone wants me to look at particular person or persons, please use PM. At this point it's not even clear if all of Geis' people even knew they got promoted.

Matt Phillips
7/21/2011 7:04pm,
Matt, would it be helpful for you to focus your investigation on these names:
http://www.karlgeis.com/resume.htm
Why these?

Edit: Oh, now I can see the link name.

It is Fake
7/21/2011 7:15pm,
What is a AMAZING is they wanted to be part of the USJA, They brought over 60 new members to the USJA, promoted over 30 of their club members to 6th Dan & Higher in Judo in 2006.

1 Year later when it was time to renew their memberships, they didnt!!!! They just wanted to get their rank CERTIFIED, they really didnt want to be in the USJA or care for that ORGANIZATION. They used the USJA and the USJA let them.

If you look at the TOP 50 clubs of the USJA, you will NOT find their club on that list. The #50 club has only 31 members in it.

That sure doesnt sound like a good Businees Deal for the USJA. In return, they are about to lose a club with over 80 members that has been faithful & loyal to them for the past 22 years.

Plus, now we have over 60 High Dans out there without Background Checks. What a SHAME!

What has Judo become?This is the most important thing said about this entire debacle.

Legitimizing rank and a money Grab. That's what I find disturbing. Actually, I find it worse on the USJA than KG. Why? Who wouldn't want to legitimize Dojo rank with an established organization? We know some of us helped, with money, for this to happen. The difference is the person was following the procedures of testing and examination.

frenchie88
7/21/2011 7:20pm,
I don't mean to intrude, but if Warchief keeps saying a USJA member needs to initiate an official investigation, can't one of the members here who is also a USJA member try to get it started?

Matt Phillips
7/21/2011 7:21pm,
This is the most important thing said about this entire debacle.

Legitimizing rank and a money Grab. That's what I find disturbing. Actually, I find it worse on the USJA than KG. Why? Who wouldn't want to legitimize Dojo rank with an established organization? We know some of us helped, with money, for this to happen. The difference is the person was following the procedures of testing and examination.
The bizarre thing is that some of the people awarded high Judo rank teach only Aikido at their dojos; some don't even list the USJA rank at all.

I think it's important to remember that 57 people had their home dojo listed at "Karl Geis Judo Club". Without any actual paperwork from those people, any USJA voting materials would probably be sent there. Not saying anyone filled them out and sent them back, but KG probably got 57 ballots in the mail one day.

Matt Phillips
7/21/2011 7:24pm,
I don't mean to intrude, but if Warchief keeps saying a USJA member needs to initiate an official investigation, can't one of the members here who is also a USJA member try to get it started?
Tripp has left USJA; markhunter isn't ready to do that yet; J_UK is a teabag; Not sure, but I think Coach Josh is with JF... I am a USJF white belt... that leaves who? Maybe White Kimbo, but I think he's lapsed. There are other Judoka to be sure (Scrapper, Res, Asia...) but I don't know who is with USJA. Anyone want to do this?

Edit: Sirc?

It is Fake
7/21/2011 7:25pm,
Yes, and someone at the USJA had to send them to him or allow him access to the ballots. Oh don't get me wrong, KG has a huge culpability in this mess because it can be implied he knew the outcome when none renewed or continue grading with the USJA.

Matt Phillips
7/21/2011 7:31pm,
1 Year later when it was time to renew their memberships, they didnt!!!!
One of the reasons I sorted the dataset by insurance expiration was so you can see who is active or lapsed. These guys:

3632864 1/31/2012 12/7/2006 Judo Godan
3632898 1/31/2012 12/7/2006 Judo Yodan
3632908 1/31/2012 12/7/2006 Judo Shodan
3632910 1/31/2012 12/7/2006 Judo Shodan
3632918 1/31/2012 12/7/2006 Judo Rokudan
3632925 1/31/2012 12/7/2006 Judo Rokudan
3632927 1/31/2012 12/7/2006 Judo Rokudan 1/15/2003 Judo Schichikyu
3632929 1/31/2012 12/7/2006 Judo Rokudan

...are all paid up and active. 3632927 owns his own Aikido dojo, teaches no Judo, claims no USJA (or Judo) rank, and yet finds some reason to keep sending USJA money every year to stay current.

Outis
7/21/2011 10:59pm,
Tripp has left USJA; markhunter isn't ready to do that yet; J_UK is a teabag; Not sure, but I think Coach Josh is with JF... I am a USJF white belt... that leaves who? Maybe White Kimbo, but I think he's lapsed. There are other Judoka to be sure (Scrapper, Res, Asia...) but I don't know who is with USJA. Anyone want to do this?

Edit: Sirc?

I'm a current member of the USJA. And while I'll gladly defer to forumites with more seniority, if none step up, I'll give it a shot.

omoplatypus
7/21/2011 11:35pm,
i'm not even sure if i ever was JA. i paid dues to my club that was supposed to get passed on to JA, but then i had to quit my club for a move. that was over a year ago. i never got my JA card, but i should be in the system as a lapsed yellow belt.

Matt Phillips
7/22/2011 7:19am,
I'm a current member of the USJA. And while I'll gladly defer to forumites with more seniority, if none step up, I'll give it a shot.
Very good to know. If I were in your position I would go into "standby" and see how this plays out.

Matt Phillips
7/22/2011 7:22am,
Yes, and someone at the USJA had to send them to him or allow him access to the ballots. Oh don't get me wrong, KG has a huge culpability in this mess because it can be implied he knew the outcome when none renewed or continue grading with the USJA.
If you file the required paperwork, USJA has your mailing address, and knows if you want USJA mailings to go there or to your club. In this case, even without intervention, the JA clerical staff would only have the club address and would have to send all the persons USJA mail there (or not at all).

It is Fake
7/22/2011 10:01am,
Someone had to approve him receiving any type of paperwork of this magnitude. Unless, you wan to go down the road of anyone can request anything. That would be worse because, it shows that the USJA learned nothing during the Porter situation.